Who We Are
Serving community for over 65 years, we are a trusted charity providing digital volunteer engagement solutions across Canada.
- We are a charity that has been on the forefront of community building for over 65 years. We are the Volunteer Centre of Calgary and have transformed into working with regional partners all across Canada. Our commitment to providing digital solutions for volunteer engagement comes from our understanding that volunteers need to be engaged in a way that is consistent with the rest of their online lives.
We put volunteers at the center
- This platform is free for volunteers to get connected to their favourite causes so they can use their skills. It has been designed by volunteers for volunteers with the support of a volunteer centre that has decades of experience. If you are every wondering why the platform works the way it does, a volunteer made that choice!
We actively support grassroots and social justice movements
- Volunteerism has social justice and change for good in its heartbeat. This is why, in addition to supporting organizations, we encourage many grassroots initiatives to make use of this platform. We see positive societal change being rooted and activated in a whole new wave of formal and informal volunteering efforts. These efforts range from racial justice and anti-racism to environmental justice and education.
We care about community
- It is important to us to democratize volunteer engagement. This means providing access to simple, affordable solutions for volunteer engagement to grassroots, nonprofit and charitable groups everywhere. Typically an organizing group uses either an excel spreadsheet or a complicated CRM to engage volunteers. In order to make the whole system of volunteering better we need everyone to have access to the same great tools and that is what the VolunteerConnector provides!
We acknowledge that Indigenous peoples are the traditional guardians of this land that we call Canada
- We believe that acknowledging the land we are fortunate to live and work on, and the people who came before us, is an important step toward reconciliation. We encourage everyone to educate themselves on land acknowledgments, Canada’s history with Indigenous peoples and the 94 calls to action in the Truth & Reconciliation Commission’s Report. We remain committed to our ongoing anti-racism and decolonizing journey personally and in volunteerism.
We invite you to support this work financially
- Building our communities is a collective effort. The generous and committed donors who provide funding to us, through extension, support the work of 2.5 million+ volunteers and 4,000+ grassroots groups across the country. We are proud to be working with every one of our generous funders to reach toward our vision - volunteers creating thriving communities! You can join that team by making your Charitable Donation one time or as a monthly recurring gift.